The independent, non-governmental, privately-organised institution representing the interest of national and international companies doing business in Europe, improving the business environment they are active in.
• Enhancing the visibility and reputation of companies and of the private sector in general
• Information, networking (interaction and establishment of new contacts)
• Creation of new business opportunities
• Creating venues for thematic and interdisciplinary discussions
• Elaborating innovative and high-calibre proposals for the improvement of company/territory/society relationships
• Contributing to the ethical development of the economic actors with education and guidance
• Promoting to the media the reputation and the prestige of the business world
• Promoting networking between companies
• Sustainability - Environment - Green standards
• CSR - Corporate Social Responsibility
• Business ethics
• Young entrepreneurship development
• Social and gender inclusion in business
In the view of EuCham good ethics and successful business are synonymous.
Thus the activities of EuCham are conducted intending to:
• Promote the mission of EuCham
• Assist in the development of the European business environment
• Develop mutually advantageous relations with local and national government bodies
• Promote fair competitiveness among its members and other organisations
• Promote integrity, transparency, democratization and objectivity to its members and to the business society as a whole
lead by example in non-corruption, citizens' rights and environmental protection related aspects
EuCham applies GREENWILL concept that includes the Green Policy and Green Guidelines.
GREENWILL is a global non-profit initiative available free of charge for every organization and company.
GREEN POLICY 2016
We operate in a manner that seeks minimizing environmental impact and ensures an eco-friendly workplace. We act in compliance with relevant legislation and do our best to use good environmental practices in all activities.
1 Consider environmental aspects and impacts in our everyday activities and decision making processes.
2 Promote environmental awareness among colleagues and employees and encourage them to work in a responsible manner.
3 Reduce waste through reuse and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or refurbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable.
4 Promote efficient use of materials and resources in its offices including water, energy and others, particularly those that are non-renewable.
5 Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect health and environment.
6 Purchase and use eco-friendly products.
7 Communicate our commitment to partners, stakeholders, supply chain and society and encourage them to support and follow it.
8 Strive to continually improve the environmental performance by periodically reviewing our own guidelines in light of the development.
Green Officer: Ms Fanni Tujner
Get your free Green Policy and Green Guidelines at greenwill.org