Internship training at EuCham - European Chamber
The new international chamber organization EuCham is committed to building future leaders of the business world. The objective of the internship programme is to enrich the professional and social skills of young, motivated students and postgraduates in order to widen their horizons and prepare them for a successful future career.
The internship training includes working in different fields at the same time, getting experience mostly in project management, event organization, marketing, PR and environmental studies. Participation in legal, franchising and international coordination projects is also possible according to relevant studies/experience/interest. Once being selected for the limited number of internship positions, the intern may have the possibility of participating in various international projects, such as GREENWILL, a global initiative which aims to foster a culture of sustainability and sharing of good practices for organizations, thus to set the framework for a coherent long-term sustainable development. Full-time networking is a key factor of EuCham internships, therefore very strong communication and social skills are required. Interns are expected to be proactive and have initiatives while working both independently as well as members of a team.
Responsibilities may include
- project coordination (international arbitration framework, business incubation, international funding, sustainability, etc.)
- meetings and seminars
- presentations and reports
- legal research
- social media management
- personal assistance to the management of the institution
- general case management
The aim of the internship training is that the intern receives a learning experience that strongly enhances career possibilities. Trainees at EuCham develop skills in organizational, marketing, legal and environmental fields, by experiencing the advantages offered by the broad cultural diversity and international environment that is characterizing the chamber. Participation in projects will also enable to learn creating a global green policy framework for organizations all over the world. In addition, trainees will be given the opportunity to gain valuable insight in cross-border business processes, to work in a professional environment and to network with business professionals from all fields.
EuCham internships take place in Budapest, Hungary and are expected to be carried out on a full-time basis. The minimum period for internships is 6 months, while 12-months internships are most welcome.
EuCham does not pay for internships. All costs associated with travel and accommodation are the responsibilities of the sponsoring institution or the intern himself. Interns are also responsible for obtaining their own medical insurance and visas for Hungary, if needed. Undergoing an internship does not constitute any commitment for future employment at EuCham.
- business / social / legal / sustainability / environmental studies (students and graduates as well)
- fluent English, both written and spoken
- excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills
- team player, quick learner
- self-motivation, highly proactive attitude
- willingness to assume responsibility
- computer literacy, precision, attention to detail
Interns are selected on a competitive basis, taken into consideration language, communication and professional skills.
FAQ for internship program
How can I apply for an internship at EuCham?
For how long do internships last at EuCham?
At EuCham the duration of internships can vary from 6 to 12 months, however, exceptions can be made upon common understanding.
In what kind of activities can an intern get involved during the internship?
A typical internship at EuCham combines several of the following fields, according to relevant studies, interests and successful involvement.
• Marketing development for EuCham institutional activities: development of advanced webmarketing activities, including social networks utilization; development of PR activities, integration of web-based PR opportunities; promotion through PPC campaigns; creative activity for advertising and direct mailing; website management; promotion through new channels (affiliates, etc.)
• International development and coordination
• Development of the GREENWILL and GreenAdvisor projects
• Legal: local and international legal matters coordination
• Legal: international arbitration and conciliation
• Accounting (local and/or international)
• IT and webmaster (development on CMS platforms, integration of VoIP and VPN networks, integration of web services and CRM and marketing services, website development, Mac OS and Windows integration)
• Events organization: regular and special events management, support and promotion
• HR (human resources): recruiting, evaluation, managing; development and training courses
• PR & press and communication: press releases and briefings, newsletters, speechwriting, maintaining press archive and contact database, CRM, supporting of organisation of events, following and reporting on the institutions’ activities relevant to us, communication strategies
• Graphic design (elaboration of promotional material for EuCham activities); newsletters, brochures, websites; collaboration with graphic studios
When should I apply for an internship at EuCham? Are there any specific application terms during the year?
Applications for internships are accepted throughout the whole year, there are no specific evaluation periods. However, it is highly recommended to submit your application at least two months before the planned start date.
How many steps should I successfully pass during the selection process to achieve an internship position?
Generally the selection process consists of three steps, an email, a phone conversation and finally a video conference interview. Each of these steps may or may not happen according to the evaluation of the previous one.
How long does the selection process take?
The selection process usually takes 2-3 weeks, depending on the number of applications.
Does the internship include financial remuneration?
The internship does not include any kind of remuneration, however students and postgraduates usually can participate in international scholarship programs such as Erasmus Placement or Leonardo Da Vinci program, etc. For more information please consult the following links or the international office at your university.
ga('create', 'UA-88979631-1', 'auto');